HARBRON RECRUIT LTD
Assistant Site Manager
EXETER (DEVON) AREA
Key Performance Indicators
• Ensure compliance with the Company’s health and safety and environmental policies and procedures.
• Maintain all statutory records on a daily/weekly basis as required.
• Ensure that all staff, sub-contractors and visitors to the site are appropriately inducted.
• Assist the Site Manager in ensuring traffic management and site strategy plans are in place and reviewed as required.
• Follow Company guidelines in relation to accident and incident reporting procedures.
• In the absence of the Site Manager assess the site prior to the start of the working day responding to any emergencies and addressing any areas of risk.
• Regularly walk all areas of the site to observe general standards of health and safety and take remedial action as appropriate.
• Ensure all trades are using the appropriate personal protective equipment.
• Attend health and safety and other training courses are required by the Company.
• In the absence of the Site Manager, ensure the site is secure at the end of each day.
• Ensure the forklift checklist is completed on a weekly basis and that all sub-contractor plant is roadworthy.
• Include health and safety and environment on the agenda for all site team meetings.
• Keep the health and safety compendium up to date at all times.
• In the absence of the Site Manager accompany health and safety advisors during site visits and undertake remedial action as appropriate.
• Assist the Site Manager in reviewing and actioning risk assessments and method statements for all operations.
• Ensure all site staff are trained in, and comply with the Customer Journey and the Company’s customer service commitments.
• Ensure all plots have a customer care pass before obtaining CML prior to legal completion.
• Carry out service visits in accordance with the Customer Journey.
• Carry out pre-occupation checks on all properties prior to handover.
• Deliver home demonstrations to customers in their own home, ensuring that all instructions and warranties in relation to appliances and heating systems are available.
• Communicate customer satisfaction surveys to all site based staff and ensure points raised are acted on.
• Arrange and attend effective site based meetings with the Sales Team Leader and that the required information is available to enable the Sales Team Leader to update the customers.
• Action remedial items raised at home demonstrations.
• Ensure that all plots to be handed over have adequate and appropriate access, parking, street lighting and signage.
• Deliver quality inductions to all sub-contractors on site to ensure the required quality standards are met.
• Action items raised by the Area Build Director, Site Manager, Sales or Customer Care.
• Participate in daily talks with the team to prioritise workloads.
• Ensure that all materials are checked for damage and that they meet the required quality standards.
• Ensure sub-contractors adhere to the protection guidelines as stated in the trade specification.
• In conjunction with the Site Manager, complete PPQA checklists accurately and return to the regional office on a weekly basis.
• Thoroughly inspect and snag each plot prior to each key stage inspection carried out by the NHBC.
Skills & experience
Key Performance Indicators (cont)
Performance of Build Programme
• In conjunction with the Area Build Director and Site Manager, assist with the preparation of the master build programme and review and revise in line with budget requirements.
• Conduct regular checks to ensure construction methods and timescales are correct and take corrective action if the site is not compliant.
• Liaise with the utility companies to ensure the build programme requirements are met.
• Ensure just in time material flow to trades.
• Manage all staff on site to ensure adherence to the waste policy.
• Arrange/attend meetings on site with the sub-contractors on a weekly basis.
Site Organisation and Presentation
• Agree and manage the equipment, plant, staffing and sub-contract requirements for the site.
• Conduct/attend fortnightly meetings with trades on site to promote communication, standards and objectives.
• Respond to all queries from trades and action accordingly.
• Discuss site presentation at sub-contractor adjudication and site meetings.
• Maintain the highest standard of site presentation at all times.
• Meet with the Sales Team Leader weekly to discuss site presentation and progress and ensure that all actions are completed within agreed timescales.
• Manage the recruitment and induction of new employees in line with Company best practice guide.
• Conduct half yearly and annual appraisals with staff and liaise with Group HR to address development needs.
• Meet with your team members to discuss their progress on a regular, but not less that quarterly basis.
• Manage disciplinary and grievance situations in line with Company policy with assistance from Group HR.
• Manage and report all absences in accordance with Company policy.
• Monitor the performance and effectiveness of direct reports.
• Train, develop and coach direct reports.
• Ensure that employees are not discriminated against or harassed or bullied at any time.
This job description is not a definitive list of duties. It provides an outline of Key Performance
Indicators required for this position. The job holder may be asked to undertake other duties to meet
Education, training or qualifications
• Educated to GCSE standard in Maths and English
• Appropriate CSCS card
• Full UK driving license•
• Minimum 2 years’ experience working for a residential house builder
• Any of the following trades:
4. Dry lining
• Painting and decorating
Special skills or knowledge
• Able to work with others to achieve the desired outcome
• Capable of implementing change and of using initiative
• Confident outlook combined with resilience and diplomacy
• Able to manage conflict
• Ability to handle complaints and difficult situations
• Excellent organizational skills
Interpersonal skills and attitude
• Ability to balance excellent customer service with the requirements of achieving company targets
• Able to demonstrate a collaborative and pragmatic approach to problem solving.
• Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of people.
• Excellent communications skills
• Ability to achieve deadlines while working under pressure.
• Flexible in approach and able to prioritise conflicting requests
• Behave in line with our values
• A commitment to work as required to meet the needs of the business
• A willingness to attend site out of hours to deal with emergency situations
• Able to travel to different sites on a regular basis
Salary: Up to £35000 per Annum
Harbron Recruit Ltd is a family run construction industry recruitment agency based in the South West of England.
Harbron Recruit originally stemmed from a construction company that boasts 25 years of successfully working with the majority of major contractors across the South West.
Recognising the demand for quality construction personnel with the necessary skills and qualifications to carry out jobs quickly and safely gave birth to Harbron Recruit as a major supplier of construction trades to companies requiring temporary, permanent and contract workers on a range of assignments.
Now, as a well-established Recruitment Agency having traded successfully for 10 years within the specialist sector of construction it has enabled us to create long standing client relationships built on a foundation of trust, honesty and integrity.
Based in Devon we provide quality staff to our clients both locally and nationally.
Call 01626 241333 now.