HARBRON RECRUIT LTD
EXETER (DEVON) AREA
An excellent opportunity has presented itself for a Contracts Manager, in the Exeter area. The successful candidate should ideally be experienced across the construction trades and be able to manage site inspections and develop the construction plan. The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Your day to day duties will include:
• Prepare suitable tender list for subcontractors and suppliers, monitor
their performance and feedback to Commercial department
• Ensure adequate and suitable resources are available for effective
• Monitor performance against construction programme to ensure
targets are met and completions are on time. Progress chasing as
required. Provide dates through Sales/Build meetings to ensure
legal completions are as forecast
• Monitor Health and Safety performance to ensure compliance with
legal obligations and Company requirements
• Control additional costs for non-productive and prelim expenditure to
ensure Group guidelines and take part in cost control meetings
• Liaise with all departments to support the Site Manager’s role and
ensure information, materials and contractors are available
• Monitor each stage of construction as work proceeds to ensure a
• Liaise with purchasers to ensure we provide a suitable level of
service after completion
• Support the Site Manager in ensuring that on-site Construction teams
are fully resourced and well-directed, with clear guidelines to their
own job responsibilities, and are provided with full support in
achieving these, in terms of communication, training and
development, and the organisation of the site’s workload
• Provide a professional interface with purchasers, external contacts,
• Assist the Construction Director in all matters relating to the efficient
performance of the Construction department
• Set and achieve build programme targets
• Lead and develop the site management teams
• Be point of contact for recruitment of the site management team
A strong team motivator with the drive and tenacity to achieve the
goals of the business
• Proven experience of working in a senior role in the construction
industry, including managerial experience
• Self-confident, decisive, resilient and able to thrive under pressure in
a fast-paced environment
• A member of the Chartered Institute of Builders and/or qualified to
NVQ level 5 in Construction Management with considerable
experience of the full range of construction trades. (desirable not
• In depth knowledge of all aspects of the construction trade and the
relevant legislative requirements e.g. Health and Safety, NHBC
requirements and Building Regulations
• Good knowledge, understanding and experience of dealing with all
issues relating to Customer Care
Salary: From £65000 to £70000 per Annum
Harbron Recruit Ltd is a family run construction industry recruitment agency based in the South West of England.
Harbron Recruit originally stemmed from a construction company that boasts 25 years of successfully working with the majority of major contractors across the South West.
Recognising the demand for quality construction personnel with the necessary skills and qualifications to carry out jobs quickly and safely gave birth to Harbron Recruit as a major supplier of construction trades to companies requiring temporary, permanent and contract workers on a range of assignments.
Now, as a well-established Recruitment Agency having traded successfully for 10 years within the specialist sector of construction it has enabled us to create long standing client relationships built on a foundation of trust, honesty and integrity.
Based in Devon we provide quality staff to our clients both locally and nationally.
Call 01626 241333 now.