HARBRON RECRUIT LTD
Small Works Contracts Manager
SIDMOUTH (DEVON) AREA
My client, a well known local and established construction company, who have over 130 years experience working on listed buildings, commercial premises, private client properties and local authority projects. They are recruiting for a Key member of the Management Team, this is a new position and it is with the intention to grow this side of their business, allowing you as the next Small Works Contracts Manager to grow and flourish.
Skills and Attributes they are looking for include: -
- A proven track record and extensive knowledge of the building industry in a similar role
- You will be a good communicator and have excellent organisational skills, with the ability to motivate and manage staff
- Be able to manage a team of 6 (plus) tradesmen
- Have the ability to plan, co-ordinate and manage multiple projects regarding health and safety, programme, cost and quality to achieve client satisfaction
- Be proficient in Microsoft office programs including Excel, Word and Outlook
- We will provide In house training for our internal accounting system
Your daily/weekly duties will include: -
- Working closely with the Small Works surveyor, estimating team and a supervisor Generally working on extensions, renovations and maintenance of commercial, domestic and local government projects with a value from £500.00 to £250,000.00.
You will also be required to work closely with architects, clients and their highly regarded tradesmen and sub-contractors in a courteous and professional manner.
- You will need to be able to demonstrate a high level of leadership, be extremely organised and ensure all of the Small Works projects remain profitable. Cost control is paramount to this role.
- You will work on a wide range of projects that can be quite challenging, therefore you must have a trade background as you will be required to show a high level of construction methodology.
- A vast amount of your clients are repeat business, and you will need to be able to demonstrate the ability to retain these clients and architects.
- You will need to be an excellent communicator to your own staff, clients and architects.
- You will be required to be able to guide clients and architects regarding best practice and the most commercially viable way of delivering a project.
- All of the works will be programmed by yourself and your Surveyor, Estimator and Supervisor.
Salary: From £35000 to £45000 per Annum plus attractive package
Harbron Recruit Ltd is a family run construction industry recruitment agency based in the South West of England.
Harbron Recruit originally stemmed from a construction company that boasts 25 years of successfully working with the majority of major contractors across the South West.
Recognising the demand for quality construction personnel with the necessary skills and qualifications to carry out jobs quickly and safely gave birth to Harbron Recruit as a major supplier of construction trades to companies requiring temporary, permanent and contract workers on a range of assignments.
Now, as a well-established Recruitment Agency having traded successfully for 10 years within the specialist sector of construction it has enabled us to create long standing client relationships built on a foundation of trust, honesty and integrity.
Based in Devon we provide quality staff to our clients both locally and nationally.
Call 01626 241 333 now.