HARBRON RECRUIT LTD
Area Build Manager
EXETER (DEVON) AREA
Our client an award-winning house builder is looking to recruit an Area Build Manager for their Exeter site.
Your main role will be to effectively motivate, support and manage the site-based management teams to ensure that each development achieves the desired health, safety and environmental performance standards. To achieve the programme and quality requirements. To promote the importance of customer relationships to all site-based teams to include directly employed and sub-contracted staff. To ensure the customer journey is applied with and our customers enjoy their moving in experience. To ensure that the approach and associated results are consistently high across all sites within the designated area.
Your daily/weekly tasks will include: -
Mentoring and managing Site Managers across the area of responsibility in order to ensure all sites meet, and where possible exceed the desired performance targets in line with business objectives
- Actively input into Management Team review of Build Strategy on new developments, as necessary
- Ensure the Health, Safety and Environmental targets are met across all sites and take appropriate action to ensure all sites are compliant
- Regularly review programme vs build and monitor progress, report the activity at regional build/sales meetings and liaise with other departments as necessary to ensure targets are achieved.
- Visit all sites weekly, where practicable, support and motivate site teams, monitor and review progress and compliance and attend site meetings where necessary.
- Liaise with and promote good relationships with key external stakeholders such as NHBC etc.
- Design a Build Phase Strategy (Build Strategy, Traffic Management Plan & Occupational Strategy and ensure all Site Managers comply with the strategy
- Ensure that forward planning is in place at all stages of the build operation and liaise with the technical and commercial departments as required.
- Identify key activities at the pre-contract stage and monitor to ensure the start date is achieved.
- In conjunction with the site management team, prepare the master build programme and review and revise in line with budget requirements, monitor production against the agreed programme and take corrective action if the site falls behind programme.
- Review anticipated plot build completion dates on a weekly basis and ensure that the relevant stakeholders are made aware of any amendments.
- In conjunction with the site management teams, prepare and maintain the accelerated show home programmes.
- Ensure that sub-contractor and trade meetings are carried out by Site Managers weekly and attend where appropriate.
- Review and update the Construction System on weekly basis with a full review/ update on a monthly basis.
- Monitor the effectiveness of site storage and the associated distribution of materials.
- Review all variances on a weekly basis and attend associated meetings as required.
- Review site overheads against budget / forecast.
- Authorise and regularly review any overtime requirements for directly employed staff.
- Ensure all sites have appropriate staffing to comply with the Build Programme and Health and Safety Regulations.
- Regularly review agency requirements and seek appropriate authorisations prior to appointing agency staff
- Agree trade tenders list with the commercial department and assist with the vetting of sub-contractors prior to appointment to ensure the correct quality standards will be achieved.
- Ensure that quality inductions are carried out by Site Managers for all sub-contractors on site to ensure the required quality standards are met.
- Review outstanding issues at each site visit and ensure they have been action-ed accordingly.
- Ensure that all NHBC key stage inspections are met by all sites, monitor and review regularly to ensure these stages have been met by all sites
- Ensure and monitor that all sub-contractor quality stage checklists are completed by all Site Managers prior to payment being authorised.
- Attend all pre-start meetings, providing programmes, strategy plans, compound position and complete CMD check forms
- Ensure that protection to work in progress complies with the Company’s site protection requirements at all sites.
- Review the NHBC record book, checking for comment, action against builder responsible re-portable items and any missed key stage inspections.
Skills & experience
ONC or HNC in Building Construction or NVQ Level 4/5 or similar
- CSCS card at Contracts Manager Level
- Full UK driving license
- SMSTS, or similar
- Previous experience as Project Manager or Senior Site Manager for a high-volume house builder
- Up to date knowledge of H&S obligations and building legislation
- Proven track record of motivating and managing a team effectively
- Able to work with others to achieve the desired outcome
- Capable of implementing change and of using initiative
- Confident outlook combined with resilience and diplomacy
- Proven ability to work effectively with senior management
- Ability to take a big picture view of multiple sites and make decisions accordingly
- Able to work with a high degree of accuracy
- Decision maker with pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Discretion and integrity in attitude and approach
- Able to work under pressure
- Ability to balance excellent customer service with the requirements of achieving Company targets
- Demonstrable personal credibility
- ‘Can do’ Attitude
- Behave in line with our values
To apply for this position please press APPLY below, or in the first instance call and speak to our dedicated consultants for a confidential chat. 01626 241 333
Salary: £80000 plus car allowance
Harbron Recruit Ltd is a family run construction industry recruitment agency based in the South West of England.
Harbron Recruit originally stemmed from a construction company that boasts 25 years of successfully working with the majority of major contractors across the South West.
Recognising the demand for quality construction personnel with the necessary skills and qualifications to carry out jobs quickly and safely gave birth to Harbron Recruit as a major supplier of construction trades to companies requiring temporary, permanent and contract workers on a range of assignments.
Now, as a well-established Recruitment Agency having traded successfully for 10 years within the specialist sector of construction it has enabled us to create long standing client relationships built on a foundation of trust, honesty and integrity.
Based in Devon we provide quality staff to our clients both locally and nationally.
Call 01626 241 333 now.