HARBRON RECRUIT LTD
CHELTENHAM (GLOUCESTERSHIRE) AREA
Are you a Structural Engineer looking for a new exciting position with a national house builder?
One of our clients are looking for a Structural Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis.
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity!!
Undertake design, supervision, management and negotiations culminating in sound structural solutions. All matters to be carried out with strict adherence to the Company’s Best Practice Procedures.
• Design good economical, sound structural solutions whether working within a team environment, independently or with external consultants.
• Carry out all aspects of cost effective detailed structural engineering design in relation to the Company’s activities, to agreed programme dates.
• Production of all relevant working drawings as required.
• Monitoring of external consultants to produce same.
• Progressive in using available technology to improve best working practices.
• Effective use of CAD facilities in structural engineering design work.
• Assess all site investigations and make all other relevant departments aware of any potential risks and solutions thereto.
• Assess proposed sites including arranging site investigation work to enable proposals for foundation design to be made.
• Ensure all other relevant departments are fully aware of implications of the design.
• Communicate, liaise and arrange meetings with NHBC and Local Authorities where applicable on structural engineering matters to achieve the necessary approvals.
• Ensure all necessary disciplines are kept fully informed of all structural issues.
• Arrange and attend such meetings as deemed necessary to deal with structural queries or problems in a timely manner.
• Be proactive in dealing with sites and the NHBC to gain good sound economic solutions on site.
• Undertake site inspections as and when required concerning structural items.
• Commission external consultants when necessary in relation to specific works (bore holes, ground treatments, materials testing, piling designs).
• Liaise with the consultants in connection with the Company’s requirements.
• Prepare tender packages for specialist design (e.g. steel frames, piling, vibro).
• Check and approve specialist details.
• Liaise with any structural specialists to ensure good, sound economic solutions are achieved.
• Manage and liaise with other departments with regard to aftersale problems.
• Inspect and report on any problems relating to structural matters.
• Inspect of remedial works as and when required.
• Deal with structural queries related to historic sites.
• Attend pre start and other departmental meetings as required.
• Ensure all relevant stakeholders are informed of key departmental developments
Skills & experience
• 3 A’ levels or equivalent qualification, inc. Maths or Science
• HNC / HND at technician level but must be willing to complete a degree course whilst working
• At least 12 months experience working within a residential house builder
• In-depth knowledge of CAD
• Knowledge of structural packages
• Understanding of changes to regulations and legislation
• Strong mathematical and IT ability
• Able to analyse complex data and critically evaluate plans
• Good understanding of budget management
• The ability to visualise and explain design ideas
• Decision making/problem solving/multi-tasking
• Excellent communications skills
• Able to work under pressure, and accept criticism of work
• A good communicator/listener
• Good team working skills
• Accurate with an eye for detail.
• Good decision making skills
• Behave in line with our values
• Willing to work extra to meet deadlines as and when the business needs require it.
On offer to you is:
- A healthy salary up to £50,000 per annum
- Car allowance
- Holiday entitlement
- Pension scheme
And a fabulous place to work!
If you believe to have the correct skills for this position, call Louisa on 01626 333105. We look forward to hearing from you!
Harbron Recruit Ltd is a family run construction industry recruitment agency based in the South West of England.
Harbron Recruit originally stemmed from a construction company that boasts 25 years of successfully working with the majority of major contractors across the South West.
Recognising the demand for quality construction personnel with the necessary skills and qualifications to carry out jobs quickly and safely gave birth to Harbron Recruit as a major supplier of construction trades to companies requiring temporary, permanent and contract workers on a range of assignments.
Now, as a well-established Recruitment Agency having traded successfully for 10 years within the specialist sector of construction it has enabled us to create long standing client relationships built on a foundation of trust, honesty and integrity.
Based in Devon we provide quality staff to our clients both locally and nationally.
Call 01626 333105 now.