HARBRON RECRUIT LTD
Senior Architectural Technician
EXETER (DEVON) AREA
Our client is proud of every home they are built by people who care.
They are recruiting for a Senior Architectural Technician who will be able to produce concise, accurate and detailed AutoCAD working drawings and to co-ordinate ancillary drawings and schedules to programmes that meet their requirements. To be able to submit and gain approval for building regulations. In addition, compliance with HQIs, Lifetime Homes and Code for Sustainable Homes is essential. Liaising with Housing Associations.
Your key daily/weekly tasks will include: -
- Produce accurate working drawing packages in AutoCAD format & to co-ordinate the provision of all supporting ancillary drawings
- Produce variant & new house type drawing packages, produce block plans, sections and elevations
- Co-ordinate information and liaise with in house architects, civil and structural engineers and landscape architects and external consultants where appropriate
- Be conversant with all current building regulations and NHBC standards, current construction methods relating to company specification and standard products.
- Submission of all information to NHBC and obtaining scheme approval, and discharge of conditions prior to BC final deadlines.
- Ensure compliance with HQI’s, Lifetime Homes and Code for Sustainable Homes requirements together with applications for Secured by Design & Robust Details.
- Provide sales brochure information and ensure accuracy of brochures.
- Utilise the broader advantage of CAD systems to improve levels of presentation and efficiency.
- Attend regional sites to review and resolve technical and construction related issues and produce and monitor acceptable solutions to resolve.
- Communicate effectively with all relevant internal departments and external consultants and clients, to co-ordinate and provide accurate and timely information.
Health and safety
Be proactive in providing a positive attitude to health, safety and the environment.
- Ensure that you have read and understood the Company’s health, safety and environmental policies and procedures and observe them at all times.
- Report any accidents or near misses immediately to your line manager and record them in the accident book.
- Report any accidents or near misses on site to the site manager and complete/submit ‘near miss cards’ where appropriate.
- Keep your workplace tidy and eliminate any hazards and report to your line manager if required.
- Wear appropriate protective clothing on site at all times.
- Attend all health and safety training as required by the Company.
Essential for this role include: -
- Training towards appropriate qualification in building design and construction
- Experience working for a house builder, either directly or indirectly
- In-depth knowledge of AutoCAD
- Understanding of current building regulations and NHBC standards.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work under pressure and to a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to manage, create and maintain momentum in projects
- Ability to work with others and maintain a positive customer focused approach
- Behave in line with company values
- Willing to work extra to meet deadlines as and when the business needs require it
Desirable skills include: -
- BTEC HNC/HND and/or Degree in Construction, Building Studies or Architectural Technology
- Understanding of SAP/EPC and Code for Sustainable Homes.
- Knowledge of CDM Regulations desirable
- Able to influence and persuade others
- Seeks continuous improvement in own development and Company’s working practice
If you fit the bill then APPLY today. Please contact us on 01626 241 333 should you require any further information
Salary: £45000 per Annum (plus car allowance of £5,500)
Harbron Recruit Ltd is a family run construction industry recruitment agency based in the South West of England.
Harbron Recruit originally stemmed from a construction company that boasts 25 years of successfully working with the majority of major contractors across the South West.
Recognising the demand for quality construction personnel with the necessary skills and qualifications to carry out jobs quickly and safely gave birth to Harbron Recruit as a major supplier of construction trades to companies requiring temporary, permanent and contract workers on a range of assignments.
Now, as a well-established Recruitment Agency having traded successfully for 10 years within the specialist sector of construction it has enabled us to create long standing client relationships built on a foundation of trust, honesty and integrity.
Based in Devon we provide quality staff to our clients both locally and nationally.
Call 01626 241 333 now.