HARBRON RECRUIT LTD
Quality Control Inspector
BASINGSTOKE (HAMPSHIRE) AREA
Our client a national renowned house builder is recruiting for a Quality Control Inspector for their regional offices in the Hampshire town of Basingstoke.
Your Daily/Weekly tasks will include: -
Record non-conformance's, assess and implement both corrections and corrective action
- Identify and record items / processes that lead to non-conformance's
- Assist in the development of the team’s 'Defect Free' culture and carry out training where required, in particular mentoring team members
- Comply with programmes/deadlines etc
- Carry out site inspections to ensure compliance with contract drawings, specifications and quality and notify their manager of any problems, errors, discrepancies or divergences and non-confirming work.
- To assess the safety of works on site and compliance with current regulations and project requirements and advise of any infringements to the Area Build Manager/Director and contractor.
- Provide periodic reports as specified, maintain a diary of events and comply with all procedures and administration identified within the department’s quality assurance policy. Record any delays and reasons for them.
- Arrange and witness as necessary any tests required by the contract or instructed by their manager
- Attend site meetings
- Take site photographs regularly and systematically, ensuring they are date endorsed.
- Carry out pre-practical completion and end of defects inspections, including preparation of ‘snagging’ lists and ‘back-snagging’ inspections if necessary
- To effectively manage all customer expectations and deliver excellent customer service, ensuring defects are dealt with promptly, efficiently and to the satisfaction of the customer and the company.
- Instruct clients/tenants in workings/use of any technical appliance/equipment installed
- Liaise and correspond with customer at property handover, through warranty period and beyond
- Attend weekly meetings reporting to Customer Services Director on status of all customers and issues within the developments
- Carry out formal inspections to properties, at anticipated practical completion, of the build
- Arrange pre-occupation and handover appointment with customers and ensure completion of any matters which may arise from pre-occupation / handover meetings
- Liaise with Customer Care Coordinators for any works by sub-contractors and Customer Service Operatives to properties within your development.
- Review, investigate and execute issues arising from customer contact, maintaining proper records and communication to all stakeholders within an agreed timescale
Skills & experience
Educated to GSCE / GCE standard in Maths & English, and, or,
- BTEC diploma in Building Construction or an NVQ Level 2 or similar, or,
- City & Guilds in relevant trade
- Valid CSCS card
- Previous experience working as a Customer Care Technician or Site Manager
- Detailed understanding of NHBC customer handover requirements
- Building experience
- Onsite inspection experience
- Housing Developer or Main contractor background
- Must have gained relevant experience within the construction industry or hold relevant qualifications.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to handle complaints and difficult situations
- Solid understanding of building regulations and legal obligations
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Capable of strategic vision
- Decision making/problem solving/multi-tasking
- A polite, tactful and assertive attitude
- Patience and calmness under pressure
- Excellent communications skills
- Good team working skills
If this is you, and you are looking for your next career move, then call us now on 01626 241 333 or press APPLY now, we look forward to hearing from you.
Salary: From £30000 to £35000 per Annum
Harbron Recruit Ltd is a family run construction industry recruitment agency based in the South West of England.
Harbron Recruit originally stemmed from a construction company that boasts 25 years of successfully working with the majority of major contractors across the South West.
Recognising the demand for quality construction personnel with the necessary skills and qualifications to carry out jobs quickly and safely gave birth to Harbron Recruit as a major supplier of construction trades to companies requiring temporary, permanent and contract workers on a range of assignments.
Now, as a well-established Recruitment Agency having traded successfully for 10 years within the specialist sector of construction it has enabled us to create long standing client relationships built on a foundation of trust, honesty and integrity.
Based in Devon we provide quality staff to our clients both locally and nationally.
Call 01626 241 333 now.